Easiest. Gourmet. Dish. I made this for a friend for Thanksgiving because he does not eat Turkey and let me tell you, there was not one flake of fish left on the platter! Tangy, fresh and velvety, this Salmon dish looks and taste completely gourmet but takes all of 15 minutes to make!!
1 fillet of Salmon (or 2! Just double the rest of the ingredients below as well)
1 Leek, thinly sliced (discard the green part)
1/2 cup dry White Wine
1/2 cup Tomato Red Pepper soup (I used this, because I had some left over from the other day, and also because I don't like chunks of tomato in my food! But you can definitely use just chopped tomato OR tomato sauce)
2 cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 tsp Olive Oil
1/4 cup of fresh Dill
1. In a hot skillet, add Olive Oil and garlic and saute until lightly brown
2. Now add the Leeks and saute until translucent
3. Add the soup, salt and pepper and continue to cook for another 2 minutes
4. Now add your fish and cook for an additional 2 minutes
5. Finally pour the White Wine in the skillet, sprinkle the Dill over the fish and bring to a low simmer
6. Now cover the skillet and cook for another 7 minutes or until fish is flaky
Once ready, sprinkle some more fresh Dill over the fish and serve alongside our homemade butterhorns! Perfect for sopping up that yummy sauce!