This brownie does not need a fancy post to serenade it's awesomeness! It's simple, easy to make and the best damn brownies you will ever eat! It's a caffeine addict's dream and oh so gooey and delicious that you will have your friends emailing you in the middle of a work day, bribing you to make these brownies for them again. And again. And again.
I made these for my sister's birthday and also for a Labor day picnic and they were devoured in a minute! I present to you "The-only-Brownie-you'll-ever-want Crack Brownie".
3 ounces semisweet chocolate
1 stick unsalted butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp sea salt
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tbsp of instant coffee powder + 1 tbsp to sprinkle over the top
· Pre-heat the oven to 350°F, line a baking pan with a greased parchment or these will stick!
· Set up your double boiler (basically a pot of simmering water with a heat proof bowl on top of it!), and melt the chocolate and butter together until smooth.
· Take the melted chocolate off the heat and whisk in sugar, then eggs, one at a time, then vanilla and salt.
· Stir in flour with a spatula and mix well. Finally add the instant coffee powder and mix well.
· Pour into the prepared baking pan and spread into an even layer. Finally, evenly sprinkle the remianing coffee powder over the batter.
· Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out batter-free.
Let the Brownies cool completely and then cut into desired size. You can enjoy the Brownie as is or if you're like me, you'll make a gigantic Sundae with Vanilla ice cream and hot fudge sauce!