This cookie is soft, chewy, spicy and sweet and the Figs add such a deliciously naughty texture to it that you will definitely go back for seconds. The scent of Cinnamon and Nutmeg will convert even those that non-believers in Santa and the red nosed reindeer, into lovers of Christmas and all things ho-ho-ho!!
An extremely simple and quick recipe that goes perfect with a glass of ice cold milk! I used dired Figs for this recipe, because, well, fresh Figs aren't in season anymore...which is on my list of things to complain to Santa about!
1/4 cup of Butter
3/4 cup of Honey
1 3/4 cups of Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Cinnamon
Pinch of Nutmeg and Clove
Pinch of Salt
1/2 cup dried Figs (hydrate these in warm water and chop into small pieces)
1. Heat the Butter and Honey in a saucepan until Butter has melted. Set aside to cool.
2. Combine all the dry ingredients and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat 2 eggs. Next, add the Butter and Honey mixture (make sure it's cool, you don't want to curdle the eggs!).
4. Now add in the dry ingredients and finally fold in the chopped Figs.
5. Using a cookie scoop, layer the dough on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 350ºF for 8-10 minutes.
Remove and let it cool on a cooling rack. Enjoy. That is all.