I used Apples and Pears, but you can actually use pretty much any fruit, preferably ones you can slice and layer, so they cook evenly AND look pretty. And of course they'll taste delicious, coz let's face it, all my recipes do! ;)
2 whole eggs plus 8 egg yolks
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup fresh lemon juice (either Meyers or regular lemons)
2 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into small pieces, room temperature
1. Combine whole eggs and yolks, sugar, and lemon juice in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
2. Remove from the heat.Add the butter, a few pieces at a time, whisking until smooth after each addition. Strain through a fine sieve into another bowl. Cover with parchment paper or plastic wrap, pressing it directly onto the surface to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate until chilled and firm, at least 2 hours.
Pastry1 sheet of Frozen Puff Pastry Sheet (What? Did you think I was going to make this from scratch!?)
1 Large Apple (I choose Red Delicious as they paired well with the slight tartness of Pears)
1 Large Pear
1/4 cup of cold Cutter (cut into small dime sized pieces)
2 tbsp Sugar
1. Thaw the Puff Pastry sheet so it's pliable. On a well floured surface, roll out the sheet with a rolling pin, until it's about 1/4 inch in thickness. Transfer to a greased baking tray.
2. Peal and core the apple and slice into 1/2 thick slices. Do the same with the pears. Now layer the fruit slices in a pretty pattern, alternating a couple of slices of apples and then a couple slices of pear.
3. Sprinkle the sugar over the entire prepared tart and finally dot the pieces of butter evenly across the tart.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees until the puff pastry is cooked and has a beautiful golden brown color.
Remove the tray and let it cool. Once cooled, drizzle the lemon curd on top, cut into squares and serve!