Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Cleanse

No, not the juice cleanse, though I might need that after the eating marathon I had over Thanksgiving! But I'm talking about cleansing your pantry! Yes, this holiday season let's work on cleansing our overstocked pantries instead of cleansing our wallets!
It's amazing how much 'stuff' we can accumulate in our homes, over the course of a year. I'm constantly amazed by how much food I have in my kitchen, yet when I'm hungry, the only thing I think of is "I don't know what to eat!". Everytime I go grocery shopping I end up buying something I don't need but am tempted to cook/eat, and inevitably it ends up in my pantry, only to be forgotten in the piles of canned beans, corn, pasta, condiments and seasonings!

Many people look forward to the New Year for a new start on old habits. But I decided to get a head start on breaking my old habits of over stocking my pantry and dive into the New Year with a fresh, clean and rejuvenated pantry! So this holiday season, I'm locking up the wallet and credit cards and unlocking the hoards of goodies I have hidden in my kitchen, to create delicious, healthy and gourmet meals with ingredients I ALREADY have!

I'm resolving to only spend money on buying fresh produce/meats if I need it. But the bulk of the recipes that will be shared with you this month will be made from my existing pantry (and I'm sure a majority of those ingredients are ones you already have as well!).

The goal is to cook one dish everyday, and share the result with you lovelies, and I hope this will inspire you to reuse, recycle and reinvent with already purchased ingredients! And if I'm feeling extra adventurous I'll even try and point out how much money you will save by making these recipes at home! Not to mention the food will be healthier and tastier!

So, brace yourself, The Cleanse starts tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment